Welcome to the Pleasant Valley School District Youth Arts Academy Registration for 2017-2018
Created in June 2010, the Pleasant Valley School District Youth Arts Academy is dedicated to providing 1st-8th grade students in Ventura County with positive, creative and educational experiences in the arts. The fall session, taught by qualified instructors and supported by PVSD, SOKM and CICA focuses on visual and performing arts including art, ceramics, strings, band and voice.
Pleasant Valley School District, Save Our Kids’ Music and Channel Islands Choral Association are excited to continue this superb program during the 2017-2018 school year.
Students from Grades 1 through 8 can sign up for the PVSD Chorus; all other classes are open to students from Grades 4 through 8.
The first Beginning Guitar class is full. If you are interested in the Beginning Guitar class, please sign up for the second class: Beginning Guitar Class B
- YAA Brochure 2017-18 — This brochures has class descriptions, times and locations. You can also see this information on the links below. Note: information for the Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School classes are now included.
- PVSD YAA Emergency Form and Field Trip Form
- These fillable PDF forms can be completed online, saved, and emailed to email@example.com. Or – print the form, fill it out and bring it to the first day of class. Please fill out one form per child per class.
- PVSD YAA Instrument Request Form – PVSD has a limited number of instruments available to loan out, based on financial need. If you would like to request an instrument, complete this form online, save it, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or – print the form, fill it out and bring it to the first day of class. Please fill out one form per child.
- PVSD YAA Band Supply List – If you are registering for Beginning Band, Concert Band, The Off Beats, Santa Rosa Beginning Band, or Santa Rosa Intermediate Band please print the Band Supply List. This list details what you will need for the class.
- PVSD YAA String Supplies List – If you are registering for Beginning Strings, Intermediate Strings or Orchestra, please print the Strings Supply List, which details what you will need for the class.
- PVSD YAA Guitar Supplies – If you are registering for the Beginning or Intermediate Guitar class, please download and print this list for information on what you will need for the class.
- PVSD YAA Keyboard Supplies – If you are registering for the Beginning Keyboard class, please download and print this list for information on what you will need for the class.
- PVSD YAA Auditions for Orchestra or The Off Beats – If you have at least two years of experience on a band or string instrument, you can audition for The Off Beats or Orchestra. Please review the audition requirements for Orchestra or the audition requirements for The Off Beats.
- PVSD YAA Information Sheet – Print the information sheet, which provides contact numbers, class start dates, and class locations as well as information on Save Our Kids’ Music.
- Requested Donation – Donations are requested to cover the cost of instruction:
- $260 for The Off Beats, Beginning Strings, Intermediate Strings, Beginning Guitar, Intermediate Guitar and Beginning Keyboard
- $190 for Orchestra and Chamber Music
- $130 for YAA Art and Ceramics (plus $35 materials fee)
- $150 for PVSD Chorus
Donations can be made at the time of online registration using PayPal, via check to SOKM at Walk-In registration, or via check to SOKM, P.O. Box 2244, Camarillo CA 93011. Donations can also be made on a monthly basis using these donation coupons: $130, $150, $190, or $260.
Please indicate the student name and class in the “Add Special Instructions for SOKM” box when you donate using PayPal.
Registration for Classes
Registration for classes is available as follows:
- On-Line Registration begins Saturday, September 16th @ 8 am
- Make sure you have followed the instructions above under Registration Procedure.
- Use the links below to go the Registration Page for each class.
- When signing up you will need an account for this SOKM site. You can use this account to login and register additional students and classes.
- If you previously created a SOKM account please log in first. If you do not know your password please click on Lost Password and a new password will be emailed to you.
- If you would like to register for multiple classes or to register multiple students, just come back to this page.
- While you are logged in you can click on Review My Registrations to see the registrations you have made.
- Make sure you Logout of your account when you are done
- Questions? Call call or email Betty Weyek, 805-207-6608 or email@example.com
- Walk-In Registration will also be Saturday, September 30th from 11 am to 3 pm, 700 Temple Ave, Camarillo CA 93010. If you are unsure what instrument you would like to play or what group you should register for, music directors will be available to assist you. In addition, you may be able to schedule an audition for The Off Beats or Orchestra.
Classes for 2017-2018
Use the links below for more class details and to register
|Class||Subject||Class Time and Location||Availability|