Created in June 2010, the Pleasant Valley School District Youth Arts Academy is dedicated to providing 1st-8th grade students in Ventura County with positive, creative and educational experiences in the arts. The fall session, taught by qualified instructors and supported by PVSD, SOKM and CICA focuses on visual and performing arts including art, ceramics, strings, band and voice.
Pleasant Valley School District, Save Our Kids’ Music and Channel Islands Choral Association are excited to continue this superb program during the 2019-2020 school year.
Classes start the week of September 30. On-Line Registration begins Saturday, September 21 @ 8:00 am. Walk-In Registration will be held on Saturday, September 28th from 11:00am to 3:00pm, at Pleasant Valley School of Engineering and Arts in Camarillo.
Save Our Kids’ Music has a new registration system, NeonCRM. When registering, you will be asked to login to the new system or create a login. If you would like to create a login prior to registration, please click here.
|Click here for more class information and to register online beginning Saturday, September 21.|
- PVSD Chorus open to 1st – 8th grade students in Ventura County. PVSD students have course priority.
- Beginning and Intermediate Guitar are open to 5th — 8th grade students in Ventura County. PVSD students have course priority.
- All other Classes open to 4th -8th grade students in Ventura County. PVSD students have course priority.
- Classes are after school one or two days a week.
- Classes begin the week of September 30 and end the week of May 26.
- Classes are held at various locations.
- SOKM and PVSD have a limited number of instruments available for loan based on financial need.
- IMPORTANT: Students NOT enrolled in PVSD will need to have a release of liability form on file prior to beginning class.
Our program only exists due to the generosity of families and individuals who donate. Below are the amounts that are needed in order for the program to be self-sustaining:
- $330 for The Off Beats, Beginning Strings, Intermediate Strings, Beginning Guitar, Intermediate Guitar, and Beginning Ukulele
- $250 for Orchestra and Guitar Ensemble
- $200 for Art, Ceramics and PVSD Chorus
You may donate using the following methods:
- When you register your student, you can click the “Suggested Donation” button. When you get to the payment screen, PLEASE CHOOSE PAYPAL INSTEAD OF THE CREDIT CARD ICONS in order to reduce the cost of processing your donation. You will still be able to use a credit card through Paypal.
- You may send a check made payable to SOKM and mail it to SOKM, P.O. Box 2244, Camarillo CA 93011.
- You may drop off cash or a check made payable to SOKM at the Walk-in Registration on 9/28.
- You may click the “DONATE” button on our website www.sokm.net at any time to make a donation.
- You may donate monthly using Paypal or by using the donation coupons $200, $250 or $330 and then sending them to SOKM, P.O. Box 2244, Camarillo CA 93011
- YAA Brochure 2019-2020 – This brochure has class details such as descriptions, times and locations.
- PVSD YAA Information Sheet – This information sheet provides contact numbers, class start dates, and class locations.
- PVSD YAA Emergency Form and Field Trip Form – These fillable PDF forms can be completed online, saved, and emailed to bweyek@PleasantValleySD.org. Or – print the form, fill it out and bring it to the first day of class. Please fill out one form per child per class.
- PVSD Release of Liability – Please complete, print, sign, and bring this form to the first day of class.
- PVSD YAA Instrument Request Form – PVSD has a limited number of instruments available to loan out, based on financial need. If you would like to request an instrument, complete this form online, save it, and email it to bweyek@PleasantValleySD.org. Or – print the form, fill it out and bring it to the first day of class. Please fill out one form per child.
- If a student has at least two years of experience on a band or string instrument, they can audition for The Off Beats or Orchestra. Please review the audition requirements for Orchestra or the audition requirements for The Off Beats.
- PVSD YAA Strings Supplies List – If you are registering for Beginning Strings, Intermediate Strings or Orchestra, please download the Strings Supply List, which details what you will need for the class.
- PVSD YAA Guitar Supplies – If you are registering for the Beginning or Intermediate Guitar class, please download this list for information on what you will need for the class.
- PVSD YAA Ukulele Supplies – If you are registering for the Ukulele class, please download this list for information on what you will need for the class.