At the Disney Magic Music Days Workshop Instrumental students experience the excitement of a working recording studio, where professional Clinicians present sight-reading techniques, performance concepts, and the entire process for laying down music tracks. Taught by industry composers, arrangers, conductors, or studio musicians, the 90-minute workshop culminates with a reveal of the students’ hard work – a screening of their recorded score, set to the original Disney film footage!
During this exciting learning experience students will:
- Perform on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Read and notate music.
- Listen to, analyze and describe music.
- Evaluate music and musical performances.
- Gain an understanding of the relationships between music, other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
- Examine music in relation to history and culture.
This workshop’s content meets National Standards for Arts Education as established by the National Association for Music Education.
If you have questions please call 805-207-6608 to leave a voicemail.
You can download the information flyer here.
Registration Instructions (deadline is March 16, 2020):
Registration will be done online this year using NeonCRM. If you registered for the PVSD Youth Arts Academy in the Fall, you already have an account with a username and password. If not, you will be asked to create an account.
- Go to https://sokm.z2systems.com/np/clients/sokm/eventList.jsp
- Choose Event by clicking on the “REGISTER” button
- Student – Disney Performing Arts Workshop
- Chaperone – Disney Performing Arts Workshop **
- Create a NeonCRM account or Login to your NeonCRM account.
- The Account Information will be for the Parent
- The Registration Form Information will be either
- Student Information
- Chaperone Information
- After you have completed the registration you can perform another by choosing “Register for Classes” from the “What would you like to do?” Menu.
- To logout of your account, choose “Logout” from the “What would you like to do?” Menu.