Advanced band students from Las Colinas Middle School, Monte Vista Middle School, and YAA The Off Beats who qualify can register for the Disney Magic Music Days Workshop. Please check with your director to make sure that you have qualified for the trip.
The Disney Magic Music Days Workshop takes place in a sound stage on the backlot of Disneyland Park. Students experience the excitement of a working recording studio, where professional Clinicians present sight-reading techniques, performance concepts, and the entire process for laying down music tracks. Taught by industry composers, arrangers, conductors, or studio musicians, the 90-minute workshop culminates with a reveal of the students’ hard work – a screening of their recorded score, set to the original Disney film footage!
During this exciting learning experience students will:
- Perform on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Read and notate music.
- Listen to, analyze and describe music.
- Evaluate music and musical performances.
- Gain an understanding of the relationships between music, other arts and disciplines outside the arts.
- Examine music in relation to history and culture.
This workshop’s content meets National Standards for Arts Education as established by the National Association for Music Education.
After the workshop, students and chaperones are free to enjoy Disneyland Park.
The registration deadline is March 19th, 2018. Click here to sign up.